Tipp City Enrichment Program
Preschool/Pre-K Lead Teacher
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
• Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
• Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive, and emotional growth.
• Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
• Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
• Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
• Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene, and safety standards.
• Maintain accurate records, forms, and files.
• Maintain personal, professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• Minimum of 2 years of professional childcare experience preferred.
• High energy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
• Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
• A strong understanding of child development.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
• Child Abuse and Communicable Disease training required.
• Must clear full background check and must pass a health screening.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
How to Apply
Send resume to address above or email to tcepstars@ gmail.com